A CCTV drain survey allows you to get a clear picture of what is going on inside drains and sewers. They are an extremely useful tool for discovering if there are any blockages in your drains and what the root cause of the problem is. This could be anything from build up of grease and fat, through to damage to the actual integrity of the drain itself.
Drain surveys are often carried out on commercial projects and for domestic purposes, such as when buying a new home or undertaking home extensions where you need to assess the path for footings and foundations.
What is a CCTV drain survey designed to find?
A good CCTV drain survey should include filmed footage to show detailed real-time status of the drainage system and its overall health, from potential root infestation through to silt build up and will usually include details of flow direction and drain dimensions.
It’s also possible to trace drain lines from above ground using CAT-scan technology, meaning the two methodologies give you a comprehensive analysis of drain condition and parameters.
How long does it take?
Depending on what is encountered and the scope of the work required, a drain survey can take a couple of hours and the operator can write up the report in their van and have it with you the same day.
What access is required
We have technology that allows us to go remote, with no access restrictions or power required.
What equipment and technology is used?
Sweeptech use Wincan and Minicam surveying equipment:
- Waterproof cameras: all Surveying equipment is fully waterproof.
- Wincan programming for reporting.
- Minicam Equipment includes
- Proteus crawlers able to survey upto 3000mm drain lines and upto 250 meters long.
- Proteus pushrod able to survey upto 300mm drain lines and upto 60 meters long.
- Proteus floatation raft able to survey culverts with high flow going through them.
- Sondes technology: Vivax V-5 Cam Sonde able to sonde and drain lines upto 5 meters deep and upto 250 meters long.
What does a CCTV drain survey look like?
You will usually receive a detailed PDF report with accompanying images and videos of the drain. A comprehensive CCTV drain survey should include:
- Film footage
- A comprehensive written report which will show:
- Flow direction
- Diameter and length of drain line
- Fractures, silt/debris build up
- Root infestation
- Manhole depth
- A diagram drawing of the drainage system will be provided along with remedial recommendations when problems are discovered.
How much does a CCTV drain survey cost
Typically, a CCTV drain survey is dependent on a number of factors, with one such being the size of the drain that requires survey. You should expect to pay anywhere from £390.00 to £750.00 as a rough estimate, however speak to us for a firmer quote that is tailored to your specific needs.
- Enquire and book – Call up to arrange a survey
- Day of the survey – We will arrive at the allotted time, and will discuss your drainage issue with you, before setting up the necessary survey equipment
- Gaining access – The engineer will gain access to your drains, and will insert the CCTV camera, using the most suitable equipment for your drain system
- CCTV Survey – The camera will provide a real time view of your drains. This is fed back to the engineer who can observe the condition of your drains. Any damage or blockage will be identified during this stage
- Report write up – The engineer will report the findings of the survey back to you – along with their recommendations if repair works or cleaning is required